Thursday, October 30, 2008

an ode to H-Ween

Dear Americans (and Halloween-celebrating foreigners!),
Tell me your costume so I can live vicariously through you! Halloween has grown in popularity here in Sevilla due to increasing numbers of American students. There is even a costume store on the corner of my apartment building, and my cafe (meaning I spend too many hours a day there) has a sign outside saying "si llevas un disfraz en halloween, recibiras un regalo." Translation: If you wear a costume on Halloween, you will receive a gift. I am still wondering how similar the tradition is to actual American Halloween, since we have seen such a shift from typical scary costumes (witches, ghouls), to politicians and pop culture figures. Anywho, I'm looking forward to taking note! 

Now, if I were dressing up...


Q: What do you call someone who put's poison in a person's corn flakes?
A: A cereal Killer.



No comments: